Display Problem with PHP7.3
Twilek
2018-10-22 22:05:08 UTC
Hi,

as PHP 7.3 has arrived on debian testing today I wanted to give it a
test drive. Horde seems to work pretty well with one error I could
find. When you open the the configuration and go into Horde
configuration all the Tabs have no heading (like "General",
"Database","LDAP" and so on) but are empty and cannot be clicked.
Turning of caching didn´t help. Apache spat out a huge bundle of
errors which it does not do when PHP 7.2 is enabled;

[Mon Oct 22 23:59:28.401590 2018] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 28892:tid
139657153074944] [client 94.114.216.5:51262] AH01071: Got error 'PHP
message: PHP Warning:  Cannot use a scalar value as an array in
/usr/share/php/Horde/Autoloader/Cache.php on line 154PHP message: PHP
[...]
Warning:  Declaration of Horde_Form_Type_pgp::init($gpg, $temp_dir =
NULL, $rows = NULL, $cols = NULL) should be compatible with
Horde_Form_Type_longtext::init($rows = 8, $cols = 80, $helper = Array)
in /usr/share/php/Horde/Form/Type.php on line 878PHP message: PHP
Warning:  Declaration of Horde_Form_Type_image::onSubmit(&$var,
&$vars) should be compatible with Horde_Form_Type::onSubmit() in
/usr/share/php/Horde/Form/Type.php on line 1361PHP message: PHP
Warning:  Declaration of Horde_Form_Type_link::init($values) should be
compatible with Horde_Form_Type::init() in
/usr/share/php/Horde/Form/Type.php on line 1438PHP message: PHP
Warning:  Declaration of Horde_Form_Type_matrix::init($cols, $rows =
Array, $matrix = Array, $new_input = false) should be compatible with
Horde_Form_Type::init() in /usr/share/php/Horde/Form/Type.php on line
2165PHP message: PHP Warning:  Declaration of
Horde_Form_Type_enum::init($values, $prompt = NULL) should be
compatible with Horde_Form_Type::init() in
/usr/share/php/Horde/Form/Type.php on line 2335PHP message: PHP
Warning:  Declaration of Horde_Form_Type_mlenum::init(&$values,
$prompts = NULL) should be compatible with Horde_Form_Type::init() in
/usr/share/php/Horde/Form/Type.php on line 2411PHP message: PHP
Warning:  Declaration of Horde_Form_Type_mlenum::onSubmit(&$var,
&$vars) should be compatible with Horde_Form_Type::onSubmit() in
/usr/share/php/Horde/Form/Type.php on line 2411PHP message: PHP
Warning:  Declaration of Horde_Form_Type_set::init($values, $checkAll
= false) should be compatible with Horde_Form_Type::init() in
/usr/share/php/Horde/Form/Type.php on line 2569PHP message: PHP
Warning:  Declaration of Horde_Form_Type_sorter::init($values, $size =
8, $header = '') should be compatible with Horde_Form_Type::init() in
/usr/share/php/Horde/Form/Type.php on line 3400PHP message: PHP
Warning:  Declaration of Horde_Form_Type_selectfiles::init($selectid,
$link_text = NULL, $link_style = '', $icon = false) should be
compatible with Horde_Form_Type::init() in
/usr/share/php/Horde/Form/Type.php on line 3470PHP message: PHP
Warning:  Declaration of Horde_Form_Type_assign::init($leftValues,
$rightValues, $leftHeader = '', $rightHeader = '', $size = 8, $width =
'200px') should be compatible with Horde_Form_Type::init() in
/usr/share/php/Horde/Form/Type.php on line 3600PHP message: PHP
Warning:  Declaration of Horde_Form_Type_assign::getValues($side)
should be compatible with Horde_Form_Type::getValues() in
/usr/share/php/Horde/Form/Type.php on line 3600PHP message: PHP
Warning:  Declaration of Horde_Form_Type_dblookup::init($db, $sql,
$prompt = NULL) should be compatible with
Horde_Form_Type_enum::init($values, $prompt = NULL) in
/usr/share/php/Horde/Form/Type.php on line 3751PHP message: PHP
Warning:  Declaration of Horde_Form_Type_figlet::init($text, $font)
should be compatible with Horde_Form_Type::init() in
/usr/share/php/Horde/Form/Type.php on line 3804PHP message: PHP
Warning:  Declaration of Horde_Form_Type_invalid::init($message)
should be compatible with Horde_Form_Type::init() in
/usr/share/php/Horde/Form/Type.php on line 3873PHP message: PHP
Deprecated:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be
constructors in a future version of PHP; Horde_Form_Variable has a
deprecated constructor in /usr/share/php/Horde/Form/Variable.php on
line 24PHP message: PHP Deprecated:  Methods with the same name as
their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP;
Horde_Form_Action has a deprecated constructor in
/usr/share/php/Horde/Form/Action.php on line 24PHP message: PHP
Deprecated:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be
constructors in a future version of PHP; Horde_Form_Renderer has a
deprecated constructor in /usr/share/php/Horde/Form/Renderer.php on
line 24'

Regards

Henning
Allan Girvan
2018-10-24 20:29:38 UTC
Post by Twilek
Hi,
as PHP 7.3 has arrived on debian testing today I wanted to give it a
test drive. Horde seems to work pretty well with one error I could
find. When you open the the configuration and go into Horde
configuration all the Tabs have no heading (like "General",
"Database","LDAP" and so on) but are empty and cannot be clicked.
Turning of caching didn´t help. Apache spat out a huge bundle of
errors which it does not do when PHP 7.2 is enabled;
<snip>
Regards
Henning
To restore the tabs, you need to make a minor edit to one file:-

It's the "Linkurls.php" file which (on Ubuntu) is located at

/usr/share/php/Horde/Text/Filter/Linkurls.php

Edit line 89 from

(?:[a-z][\w-+]{0,19})?:/{1,3} # URL protocol and colon followed by 1-3

(?:[a-z][\w\-+]{0,19})?:/{1,3} # URL protocol and colon followed by 1-3

i.e. insert a backslash to escape the "-" after "\w"

That should clear up the tab problem. The errors you've pasted are unrelated
to that. On my system, I had to update a few Pecl extensions to install
PHP7.3 versions

-----
Allan
--
Sent from: http://horde.690.n7.nabble.com/Horde-General-f58861.html
To un
Twilek
2018-10-25 18:40:52 UTC
Post by Allan Girvan
That should clear up the tab problem. The errors you've pasted are
unrelated >to that. On my system, I had to update a few Pecl
extensions to install >PHP7.3 versions Hi Allan, your fix worked
beautifully, thank you. I am trying out php 7.3 now and by and large
horde works. I found out that missing photos in the addressbook were
due to a missing gd extension. Now I am still searching why some
emails (especially non html mails) cannot be rendered). It reads
"The message part may contain incorrect character set information
preventing correct display.". It comes from the
lib/Mime/Viewer/Plain.php. Maybe my mime setup in 7.3 is broken but
I have no clue how I could fix that. The parts that are not
displayed can be opened almost like an attached file (There is a
text icon then the word "Text" and the Size in KB and then the
download and print button). I haven´t found the reason or the
missing extension yet (I have alls php mods from 7.2 installed and
enabled in 7.3). And the log is filling up the the warning
2018-10-25T20:26:25+02:00 WARN: HORDE [horde] PHP ERROR: Cannot use
a scalar value as an array [pid 19423 on line 154 of
"/usr/share/php/Horde/Autoloader/Cache.php"] with almost every click
I make. Regards Henning
Twilek
2018-10-26 12:35:46 UTC
Post by Allan Girvan
To restore the tabs, you need to make a minor edit to one file:-
That should clear up the tab problem. The errors you've pasted are unrelated
to that. On my system, I had to update a few Pecl extensions to install
PHP7.3 versions
** Something seems to have horribly gone wrong while composing the
previous mail. I composed it as HTML and it seems to have skipped all
linefeeds in the plain version (which did not happen with PHP 7.2). I
am now composing this directly as plaintext and hope it shows up
correctly in the horde list **

Allan Girvan
2018-10-27 23:52:13 UTC
Post by Twilek
Now I am still searching why some emails (especially
non html mails) cannot be rendered). It reads "The message part may
contain incorrect character set information
preventing correct display.".
Try applying the same fix on /usr/share/php/Horde/Text/Filters/Emails.php :-

Line 61 currently reads:-

(^|\s|&lt;|<|\[)([\w-+.=]+@[-A-Z0-9.]*[A-Z0-9])

It should be changed to :-

(^|\s|&lt;|<|\[)([\w\-+.=]+@[-A-Z0-9.]*[A-Z0-9])

Again, a "\" is inserted before the "-"

I can't help with the log problems, I'm afraid. I'm not seeing them here but
have you tried a thorough clean of all cached files?

In /var/www/horde/static (or whatever path you have on your server) delete
all of the *.js and *.css files. They'll be recreated and new versions will
be put in place. (I don't actually think the css files are to blame but it
does no harm to update them)

The, at the command prompt, run /horde-clear-cache/ . Answer "y" at the
prompt and don't worry if it seems to suggest an error - that doesn't seem
to matter.

Finally, reload Horde in your browser using a Ctrl+F5 (that's for Chrome -
it may differ for your browser, of course) to clear the cached version from
your browser.

That /should/ make things settle down a bit.

-----
Allan
--
Sent from: http://horde.690.n7.nabble.com/Horde-General-f58861.html
Twilek
2018-10-29 12:35:06 UTC
Post by Allan Girvan
That /should/ make things settle down a bit.
Hi Allan,

your suggestions didn´t just settle things down a bit. They downright
fixed them! Thanks a million!

Regards

Henning