(no subject)
David Chang
2003-03-30 17:25:17 UTC
Hi all:
Sorry for this message again.Cause i have reported this problem for a long time
but no one respone it.

I have found in some situations horde's form do not save Chinese string to
Mysql backend with correct format.
For example :
1.In Turba,When i add an new contact with Chinese in Turba.Entry was saved but
Chinese-string format lost.
Ref screenshot Loading Image...

2.The same problem also happen in Ingo's new rule:

3. And change preference setting in IMP

ENV:
I use mysql backend as horde storage,here are my setting:
horde/config/conf.php
$conf['sql']['charset'] = 'Big-5';

horde/config/nls.php
$nls['conf']['enable_utf'] = false;
$nls['defaults']['language'] = 'zh_TW';

turba/config/source.php
$cfgSources['localsql'] = array(
'title' => _("My Addressbook"),
'type' => 'sql',
'params' => array_merge($conf['sql'], array('table' => 'turba_objects')),

You can test my horde here :
http://210.241.49.70/horde.beta/test.php

David Chang

----- §¹ŠšÂà±H¶l¥ó -----
Chuck Hagenbuch
2003-03-30 23:56:08 UTC
Post by David Chang
Sorry for this message again.Cause i have reported this problem for a
long time but no one respone it.
That is just blatantly false. We have responded to you every single time,
and tried to work with you, and asked questions.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <***@horde.org>
"... It is not more light we need, but more warmth! We die of cold, not of
Unamuno
Chuck Hagenbuch

Unamuno
Soumz S
2003-04-01 09:06:06 UTC
Heyy
Am trying 2 set up Horde on my server..which is running Courier
-imap and Postfix.

Have set up the Imap server and Postfix..tried testing it thru
telnet...it works..

Right now its just for system users..so its takin in thru
/etc/passwd

Me gettin the horde login page...but it isnt authenticating..

gives this error...

"A fatal error has occurred:

An error has occurred. Furthermore, Horde encountered an error
attempting to log this error.

[line 162 of /var/www/html/horde/lib/Horde.php]"

i've changed :
$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'imap'; i the horde.php file..

no use..

If i remove this line...it doesnt give the error but doesnt
authenticate either..!!!!

Should i try authenticating against SQL???

Regards
Soumya

Odomos - the only mosquito protection outside 4 walls -
Click here to know more!
http://r.rediff.com/r?http://clients.rediff.com/odomos/Odomos.htm&&odomos&&wn
Eric Rostetter
2003-04-05 01:07:31 UTC
Post by Soumz S
Me gettin the horde login page...but it isnt authenticating..
gives this error...
An error has occurred. Furthermore, Horde encountered an error
attempting to log this error.
[line 162 of /var/www/html/horde/lib/Horde.php]"
You don't have logging setup properly. You should fix this first,
as that will probably give you an error message that is meaningful
and helpful.

Probably you either didn't configure horde logging right, or you have a problem
with PEAR LOG package.
--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!
Eric Rostetter

Why get even? Get odd!
Jan Schneider
2003-07-04 15:43:19 UTC
Post by David Chang
Sorry for this message again.Cause i have reported this problem for a long time
but no one respone it.
I have found in some situations horde's form do not save Chinese string to
Mysql backend with correct format.
1.In Turba,When i add an new contact with Chinese in Turba.Entry was saved but
Chinese-string format lost.
Ref screenshot http://www.thbuo.gov.tw/~txg16/tmp/form_1.jpg
http://www.thbuo.gov.tw/~txg16/tmp/form_2.jpg
If just tried this to check if the problem still persists and couldn't
reproduce it.

Then I recognized what you actually did and noticed that this simply can't
work: you use the English interface, disabled utf and entered a Chinese
string. How should that work?
If you use the English interface, all data is expected to be entered in
iso-8859-1. If your browser allows you to enter different characters, it is
broken. The result you see is the conversion of you Chinese string from
iso-8859-1 to big-5 and back to iso-8859-1. No wonder it looks weird.

Either enable utf support (I'll do this globally anyway soon) or enter
Chinese strings with the Chinese interface.

Jan.

Jan Schneider