[horde] Horde imp Webmail user Login Fails with Error [login failed]
Pat Taylor
2007-07-25 18:38:03 UTC
IMP: H3 (4.1.4)
PHP Version: 5.1.6
Apache Version: 2.2.4
OS: FC6

I have had an issue going on for some time now regarding users NOT being able to
log onto Horde imp [webmail].

No matter the user, when one attempts to logon with correct credentials he/she
is directed straight back to the login screen.

When I run 'test.php'I receive no immediate errors.
After running 'PHP Mail Server Support Test' I see that a certificate error has
occurred, I am assuming that is my primary problem for login. I'm just unsure
how exactly to resolve the issue???

PHP Mail Server Support Test
Attempting to automatically determine the correct connection parameters for your
server:

* Trying protocol imap/notls, Port 143:

SUCCESS - INBOX has 0 messages (0 new 0 recent)

* Trying protocol imap/ssl, Port 993:

ERROR - The server returned the following error message:

Certificate failure for mail.giganetwireless.com: self signed certificate:
/C=US/ST=NY/L=New York/O=Courier Mail Server/OU=Automatically-generated
IMAP SSL key/CN=localhost/emailAddress=postmaster at example.com

* Trying protocol imap/ssl/novalidate-cert, Port 993:

SUCCESS - INBOX has 0 messages (0 new 0 recent)

* Trying protocol imap/tls/novalidate-cert, Port 143:

SUCCESS - INBOX has 0 messages (0 new 0 recent)

The following configurations were successful and may be used in your
imp/config/servers.php file:

Configuration 1

'server' => 'mail.giganetwireless.com'
'protocol' => 'imap/notls'
'port' => '143'

Configuration 2

'server' => 'mail.giganetwireless.com'
'protocol' => 'imap/ssl/novalidate-cert'
'port' => '993'

Configuration 3

'server' => 'mail.giganetwireless.com'
'protocol' => 'imap/tls/novalidate-cert'
'port' => '143'

The following IMAP server information was discovered from the remote server:

Namespace Information

NAMESPACE: "INBOX."
DELIMITER: .
TYPE: personal

NAMESPACE: "#shared."
DELIMITER: .
TYPE: shared

NAMESPACE: "shared."
DELIMITER: .
TYPE: shared

IMAP CHILDREN support:

SUPPORTED

IMAP Charset Search Support:

Server supports searching with the UTF-8 character set.
Pat Taylor
2007-07-25 21:42:57 UTC
Pat Taylor <gowireless <at> giganetwireless.com> writes:

My Own followup:

In looking over the 'psa-horde.log' I found that
all login failures listed the same reason.
Jul 25 11:28:29 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN
67.142.130.44 to localhost:143[imap/notls] as
president at giganetwireless.com [on line 258 of
"/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/lib/Auth/imp.php"]

I utilize VSAT for Internet connectivity.
so the IP 67.142.130.44 is the
satellite IP and my terminal IP is 72.169.152.210.
This hasn't caused any
problems anywhere else.

SO I snagged 'imp.php' from the server. Line 258
is at the end of this 'else' test.
That else test is referring to FAILED LOGIN

I hope this followup may help somehow??

Regards
Vilius Šumskas
2007-07-26 06:10:53 UTC
Sveiki,
Post by Pat Taylor
In looking over the 'psa-horde.log' I found that
all login failures listed the same reason.
Jul 25 11:28:29 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN
67.142.130.44 to localhost:143[imap/notls] as
president at giganetwireless.com [on line 258 of
"/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/lib/Auth/imp.php"]
I utilize VSAT for Internet connectivity.
so the IP 67.142.130.44 is the
satellite IP and my terminal IP is 72.169.152.210.
This hasn't caused any
problems anywhere else.
SO I snagged 'imp.php' from the server. Line 258
is at the end of this 'else' test.
That else test is referring to FAILED LOGIN
I hope this followup may help somehow??
Try disabling IP address check in Horde config.
--
Best regards,
Vilius
Pat Taylor
2007-07-26 18:27:59 UTC
Post by Vilius Å umskas
Sveiki,
Post by Pat Taylor
In looking over the 'psa-horde.log' I found that
all login failures listed the same reason.
Jul 25 11:28:29 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN
67.142.130.44 to localhost:143[imap/notls] as
president <at> giganetwireless.com [on line 258 of
"/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/lib/Auth/imp.php"]
I utilize VSAT for Internet connectivity.
so the IP 67.142.130.44 is the
satellite IP and my terminal IP is 72.169.152.210.
This hasn't caused any
problems anywhere else.
SO I snagged 'imp.php' from the server. Line 258
is at the end of this 'else' test.
That else test is referring to FAILED LOGIN
I hope this followup may help somehow??
Try disabling IP address check in Horde config.
Thank you for the reply Vilius...

I modifed the line you mention above at:
/usr/share/psa-horde/config/conf.php
from 'true' to 'false'
I am not sure if this was needed but I
did a /etc/rc.d/init/sshd restart
after modifying 'conf.php' and then I
attempted to log onto Horde imp Webmail
with the same results, back at the login
screen being told the 'Login Failed'.

When I look at the 'psa-horde.log' I see
the failed login attempt with the same
info as before.

What else could you suggest I try to
overcome not being able to login?

Thank you
Vilius Šumskas
2007-07-26 18:50:20 UTC
Hello,
Post by Pat Taylor
I am not sure if this was needed but I
did a /etc/rc.d/init/sshd restart
after modifying 'conf.php' and then I
This was not necessary. Horde doesn't use SSH.
Post by Pat Taylor
attempted to log onto Horde imp Webmail
with the same results, back at the login
screen being told the 'Login Failed'.
When I look at the 'psa-horde.log' I see
the failed login attempt with the same
info as before.
What else could you suggest I try to
overcome not being able to login?
I think what happens here is that IP in a session doesn't correspond
to the IP in your computer (because of SAT link). In this case only
core developers could help you. Have you tried logging in from another
place with for example DSL connectivity?

Also I can see that you are using modified Plesk version of Horde. So
you should ask them.
--
Best regards,
Vilius
Pat Taylor
2007-07-26 19:57:20 UTC
Post by Vilius Å umskas
Post by Pat Taylor
attempted to log onto Horde imp Webmail
with the same results, back at the login
screen being told the 'Login Failed'.
When I look at the 'psa-horde.log' I see
the failed login attempt with the same
info as before.
What else could you suggest I try to
overcome not being able to login?
I think what happens here is that IP in a session doesn't correspond
to the IP in your computer (because of SAT link). In this case only
core developers could help you. Have you tried logging in from another
place with for example DSL connectivity?
Also I can see that you are using modified Plesk version of Horde. So
you should ask them.
Thank you for the reply...

[Vilius] Have you tried logging in from another place with for example DSL
connectivity?
[Pat] No I haven't, but I will have to give it a try!

[Vilius] Also I can see that you are using modified Plesk version of Horde. So
you should ask them.
[Pat] So you think I should ask these questions at the SWSoft PLESK forum?

Thanks allot for your time and help Vilius :)

Regards
Vilius Šumskas
2007-07-26 20:02:50 UTC
Hello,
Post by Pat Taylor
[Vilius] Also I can see that you are using modified Plesk version of Horde. So
you should ask them.
[Pat] So you think I should ask these questions at the SWSoft PLESK forum?
Usually Horde developers support only vanilla Horde version. Because
they can't know what was modified by 3rd parties. If SWSoft sell PLESK
with a support then you are free to ask these questions on their forum.
Post by Pat Taylor
Thanks allot for your time and help Vilius
You're welcome.
--
Best regards,
Vilius