[horde] timeout settings - horde.ajaxtimeout
Johannes Mock
2014-02-06 19:27:25 UTC
Hello together

My horde installation is virtually error-free, but at every session,
which takes longer than 5 minutes without activity, the following error
appears, after clicking any link.

*/*-secure-{"msgs":[{"message":"\/services\/ajax.php\/horde\/login.php?url=/services/ajax.php/horde/&horde_logout_token=WN1sNuxcu7H5Bo8ur9LyOA7&logout_reason=6","type":"horde.ajaxtimeout"}],"response":false}*/*

I have set no timeout. ( $conf[session][timeout] is 0)

Trying to fix this bug, I set the timeout ( $conf[session][timeout] )
lower than 5 minutes, the same error as above appears after the timeout
and I get logged out.
By setting the timeout ( $conf[session][timeout] ) higher than 5
minutes, I will only be logged out (with the same error message) after
clicking on any button.

Can someone tell me, what I must adjust so the error never occurs?

Greetings
Johannes Mock
Michael M Slusarz
2014-02-07 03:30:40 UTC
Post by Johannes Mock
Hello together
My horde installation is virtually error-free, but at every session,
which takes longer than 5 minutes without activity, the following error
appears, after clicking any link.
*/*-secure-{"msgs":[{"message":"\/services\/ajax.php\/horde\/login.php?url=/services/ajax.php/horde/&horde_logout_token=WN1sNuxcu7H5Bo8ur9LyOA7&logout_reason=6","type":"horde.ajaxtimeout"}],"response":false}*/*
I have set no timeout. ( $conf[session][timeout] is 0)
Trying to fix this bug, I set the timeout ( $conf[session][timeout] )
lower than 5 minutes, the same error as above appears after the timeout
and I get logged out.
By setting the timeout ( $conf[session][timeout] ) higher than 5
minutes, I will only be logged out (with the same error message) after
clicking on any button.
Your $conf[session][max_time] configuration is probably wrong.

michael
--
___________________________________
Michael Slusarz [slusarz at horde.org]
Johannes Mock
2014-02-10 15:55:41 UTC
Post by Michael M Slusarz
Post by Johannes Mock
[...]
What is probably a right configuration for $conf[session][max_time]?

I tried 0, I tried low settings like 500, I tried high settings like
90000, but the error still appears.

greetings
Johannes Mock
Frank Richter
2014-02-19 09:42:45 UTC
Hello,
Post by Johannes Mock
My horde installation is virtually error-free, but at every session,
which takes longer than 5 minutes without activity, the following error
appears, after clicking any link.
*/*-secure-{"msgs":[{"message":"\/services\/ajax.php\/horde\/login.php?url=/services/ajax.php/horde/&horde_logout_token=WN1sNuxcu7H5Bo8ur9LyOA7&logout_reason=6","type":"horde.ajaxtimeout"}],"response":false}*/*
I have set no timeout. ( $conf[session][timeout] is 0)
Trying to fix this bug, I set the timeout ( $conf[session][timeout] )
lower than 5 minutes, the same error as above appears after the timeout
and I get logged out.
By setting the timeout ( $conf[session][timeout] ) higher than 5
minutes, I will only be logged out (with the same error message) after
clicking on any button.
Can someone tell me, what I must adjust so the error never occurs?
Exactly the same error is driving our users - and me - crazy for some days now.

I upgraded to the latest packages one week ago, erverthing seemed to be
fine. 3 days later these errors came every once a while -
users have to restart their browsers, or delete Cookies.

I didn't change the config, which is:
$conf['session']['timeout'] = 0;
$conf['session']['timeout'] = 0;
$conf['session']['max_time'] = 0;

Though, I'm still using memcached (without problems until now).

In December Michael wrote on a similar question:
http://lists.horde.org/archives/horde/Week-of-Mon-20131209/050214.html

"Upgrade to Horde 5.2 when it comes out. It was fixed there."

Is there a fix available in the meantime until 5.2 arrives?
Or any idea, where to look further?

If I understand it right, it has to do with token checking in
horde/services/ajax.php ...

Thanks in advance,
Frank
--
Frank Richter
Universit?tsrechenzentrum

[...]
Not really.
Post by Frank Richter
If I understand it right, it has to do with token checking in
horde/services/ajax.php ...
No. It involves multiple different subsystems in Horde_Core.

michael
--
Michael Slusarz [slusarz at horde.org]